Avocado & Cacao Mousse
A classic in the creamy, healthy, low sugar dessert menu, this really hits the spot, but without any of the side effects (inflammation, mood swings, blood glucose crashes) associated with its sugary counterparts. I would happily serve this up at any dinner party (although fair warning to those who eat high sugar diets - this is not as sweet!).
- 100ml full fat coconut milk
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 1/2 - 1 banana, depending on your sweet tooth
- 1 - 1 1/2 tbsp rice malt syrup (or 1 tbsp honey/maple syrup)
- 1 scoop organic, unflavoured, sugar free protein powder (optional - it becomes a delicious creamy protein pudding!)
- Sprinkle of salt
- Blueberries and a sprig of mint to serve
- Blend! Leave in the fridge to set slightly (but not necessary if you don't have time/can't possibly wait) and then top with the blueberries and mint leaves. Enjoy!