Lentil Pasta with Avocado, Lemon and Mint
This is definitely going to be a new staple in our household - it got a huge thumbs up from Steve which is rare (he doesn't get excited about food the way I do!), hmm...maybe he was just really hungry...
Anyway, this is my type of cooking to a tee - ie, you bung everything in a pan and it's ready in 10 minutes. Perfection. Despite the (lack of) time it takes to make, this dinner is packed full of nutrients and flavours.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 100g (dry) lentil pasta. You can use any pasta, but personally a grain free option like lentil or buckwheat pasta sits better with me. This one is only two ingredients; ground lentils and water.
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 large avocado
- Around 20 black olives, plus a few extra to chop and sprinkle on top
- Capers - as many or as few as you like depending on taste preference! If you're not sure, a tablespoon should do the trick
- 1 large sprig of mint, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Generous sprinkle chilli flakes (I used jalapeno)
- Salt&Pepper to taste
While the pasta boils, chop up your avocado and mint (and olives too if you prefer them smaller). Once you've drained the pasta, return it to the pan and stir in the spinach so it wilts slightly. Add in all the other ingredients in whatever order you fancy, and stir them all in gently. Top with the extra olives, and serve with some sprouted broccoli fried in coconut oil. So simple!
Note: This recipe is vegan, but if you're not then a great addition would be a poached egg on top, or some grated (veggie for me!) parmesan.