Blueberry & Peanut butter coconut cookies
I have got into the terrible habit of deciding to test out new recipe ideas late at night when I should be heading to bed...but when the urge to bake hits me, I just can't resist! These were born from a craving for coconut and peanut butter (the two best things ever) at 10pm on a school night and I absolutely love them.
These cookies are vegan, free of refined sugar, gluten and grains; they are gooey, delicious, and they have fewer than 10 ingredients!
Ingredients (yields 12-14 cookies):
- 10 gooey medjool dates
- 2 tbsp coconut butter (or coconut oil)
- 4 tbsp peanut butter (or nut/seed butter of your choice. I think these would be amazing with almond butter!)
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp coconut milk (the super amazing creamy stuff you get in a can, not the coconut warter from a carton!)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tsp maca powder (optional)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes/chips
- A handful of blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180'C
- Blend the dates, peanut butter, coconut milk and coconut butter until you have a nice thick paste.
- Add the dry ingredients except for the coconut (almond meal, cacao, maca powder) and blend well
- Add the coconut flakes and pulse, unti they are incorporated into the mixture but still have some great texture to them
- Line a tray with some baking paper and spoon the mixture into rough circles on the paper
- Top with blueberries (you could also stir some through the mix. I didn't, but I think it would be delicious!)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until still soft but starting to turn brown
- Leave to cool before storing in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Enjoy as I did, with a delicious, hot cup of coffee!